Thursday, May 29, 2008

For those select few interested in world wide weather patterns, you have probably noticed the tropical storm ¨Alma¨ passing over Nicaragua right now. For those of you who are normal, that´s what´s up. School got cancelled almost nation-wide and there has already been one man killed. Despite these weather patterns and a serious lack of sleep last night due to an incesantly leaky roof, I got to meet the Embassador from the US in Managua at the Embassy while seeing a little presentation from them. On top of that, when I got back home I started to get restless. I couldn´t help myself and I went on what I think is about a six mile run to the nearest town there are more aspirantes in. My family thought I was crazy, as did my fellow aspirantes... I love to play in the rain!

4 comments:

Pat Reynolds said...

Ambassador from the U.S., eh? Did you ask him to get the price of gas down back here in the U.S.? We paid $3.99 per gallon today in Indiana and felt like we'd hit the jackpot.

Mindi just came over to chill with Lena.

Lena joined us in Marcellus this weekend, where the weather was pretty fabulous. Bluegills are slow to warm up, but we're getting there.

Great to hear from you.

Dad

Lori said...

It is great fun to read about your activities and reflections, O. What an experience you're having--on multiple levels!

I'm going to bookmark your blog and hop on occasionally to keep up with what is happening. Your ability to thoroughly describe your excursions and living sitch enables me to understand pretty well what you're experiencing.

Love,
Mrs. White

Pat Reynolds said...

We got an OWU intern today. When Lloyd walked her into my office she recognized you in that photo I have on the wall. Turns out she went to Spain when you went Junior year. Her name is Natlie Cuvas.

I'll give her your blog contact info.

Dad

thecincihalf said...

I really appreciate the shout out to all of us who enjoy weather patterns.

so glad you decided to keep a blog so i keep up w you even when you are on a different continent.

im so glad that you seem to be having a wonderful time.