Thursday, September 24, 2009

I´m currently watching some of my fifth year students reenacting some of Nicaraguan folklore in our computer lab/auditorium/biggest room we have. The kids are speaking really campesino (farmer) and have chickens and dogs. This has got to be one of the funniest specticals I´ve seen, which is good.

I´ve realized that I´m getting really sick of my host family. I´ve never lived in an environment that was so negative. If I were to write a book about them, it would be called, La Quinta Perdida. They live in their cumulative losses, and can´t seem to recover. I´m too poor to move out (which would necesitate a bed, posibly a fridge and a stove). I now know what its like to be poor and stuck. It´s like having a bad lease, a job that doesn´t pay, and a bad roommate all at the same time. I was hoping I would never do this, but countdown: ten months.

2 comments:

Lourdes said...

Hi, Mi hijo,
Hang in there! This is the hardest part. I wish there was some way we could take a load off. I'm so glad Lena had a chance to see you. Don't worry about draining her bank account. She's working (we're all working, thank heavens) and we can make it up. I'm so glad you got "East of the Sun/West of the Moon" and Vivaldi.

We're looking forward to see you in a few months.

By the way, Chito & Christine and John & Judi bought a house up the road from us in MI. It's between the Moran's & the Burgess'. John & Judi came by for lunch. At dinner, we strolled over and had some of Mateo's excellent wine. (You know Mateo & Lily have a beautiful little baby girl). Maybe next year you can introduce her to your "adventure stories" that you used to tell Emily & Lena when you guys were little!

Rebs said...

dude. I. Get. It.

Rebecca
x