Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last week I went on what we call our Volunteer Visit, where we aspirantes go to visit active volunteers for a couple days. I ended up with a really cool guy and I hope my site is as full of activity as his. He has a couple really cool projects with a pineapple coop and with nature reserve guides. Speaking of which, this week we get our site booklet which shows us our posibilities. We get to look at the different sites and even get to list our preferences, although the descision is ultimately made by our APCD (Assistant Peace Corps Director). There are many an acroname I have omitted from previous blogs, so consider yourself lucky.

The day I got back from my volunteer visit, I really felt at home here in Masatepe. My home here and my host family felt really comfortable. I think I may have some trouble moving on. I´m happy where I am, in the close proximity of other aspirantes and in a great town/family/institute. I even had my father´s day conversation while dangling my toes in the lagoon of an inactive volcano, which made me appreciate my setting even more. Teaching is getting easier, although our youthgroup has taken a turn for the worse. The kids seem uninterested. I do feel like I´m getting a little bit better with them, although not sure if it´s too late.

1 comment:

Sonia from M2 said...

Hey Compadre! I finally got your website address. We all miss you! Sunday is not "funday" at work anymore. I can see you are doing good. Don't worry about those kids. Use a creative way to teach them. The same way you used creative ways to bring people in at work. Hey maybe you can wear your blue duck helmet to class and start from there. Hehehe. Well now I know your website I will keep checking on you. Miss ya!